The tentative 2018 AGM date is Tuesday October 9 2018. We’d like to make sure everyone has an much advance notice as possible. Please book this on your calendars!
Thank you to everyone that volunteered and everyone that participated. We would also like to thank the various sponsors of the amazing Fun Day we had on July 29th:
- Bridgehead (Fairlawn Plaza) donated coffee
- Colonnade Pizza (Fairlawn Plaza) donated pizza
- Shoppers Drug Mart (Fairlawn Plaza) donated the gift basket raffle prize
- St. Paul’s United church contributed to the senior’s tent
- Starbucks (Carling and Woodroffe) donated Iced Tea
- Tim Hortons (Carling and Woodroffe) donated Timbits
GPCA directors and volunteers organized, decorated, BBQ’d, and supervised the Fun Day and movie night.
GPCA contributed to the senior’s tent, and sponsored the food supplies, bouncy castle, decorations, face painting, water balloons and movie night.
Just an update on various Fun Day items:
- It’s supposed to be 25C and sunny this Saturday. Hurray!
- There will be:
- a tent with various tables to eat at and find shade from the sun
- a face painter
- BBQ with hamburgers, hot dogs, pop
- an obstacle course bouncy castle
- Movie night: starting around 9pm, we’ll be showing Moana in Kingsmere Park
- lawn chairs (back) or blankets (front)
- snacks and drinks for yourself
- bug spray
- other things to make yourself comfortable watching a movie in the park
- Bike parade:
- decorate your bikes
- meet at 11:30am at Glabar park, go down Hare, cross Lenester, turn right at Harmany or Benjamin, down Kingsmere and around to the park entrance
- trophies and freezies for participants
Summer Fun Day is coming on July 29th. We are doing it earlier this year to hopefully avoid weather issues and place this event in the middle of the summer.
This year we are planning:
- Bouncy castle
- Face painting
- Bike parade
- Senior’s tent
- Ice Cream truck
- Fire Department
- Movie Night!
Looking forward to seeing you there! We will also have a table set up so you can meet this year’s Executive and discuss future plans for our community.