Thank you to everyone that volunteered and everyone that participated. We would also like to thank the various sponsors of the amazing Fun Day we had on July 29th:
- Bridgehead (Fairlawn Plaza) donated coffee
- Colonnade Pizza (Fairlawn Plaza) donated pizza
- Shoppers Drug Mart (Fairlawn Plaza) donated the gift basket raffle prize
- St. Paul’s United church contributed to the senior’s tent
- Starbucks (Carling and Woodroffe) donated Iced Tea
- Tim Hortons (Carling and Woodroffe) donated Timbits
GPCA directors and volunteers organized, decorated, BBQ’d, and supervised the Fun Day and movie night.
GPCA contributed to the senior’s tent, and sponsored the food supplies, bouncy castle, decorations, face painting, water balloons and movie night.
Just an update on various Fun Day items:
- It’s supposed to be 25C and sunny this Saturday. Hurray!
- There will be:
- a tent with various tables to eat at and find shade from the sun
- a face painter
- BBQ with hamburgers, hot dogs, pop
- an obstacle course bouncy castle
- Movie night: starting around 9pm, we’ll be showing Moana in Kingsmere Park
- lawn chairs (back) or blankets (front)
- snacks and drinks for yourself
- bug spray
- other things to make yourself comfortable watching a movie in the park
- Bike parade:
- decorate your bikes
- meet at 11:30am at Glabar park, go down Hare, cross Lenester, turn right at Harmany or Benjamin, down Kingsmere and around to the park entrance
- trophies and freezies for participants
a Company of Fools will be performing in Glabar Park on July 14th!
See their Twitter post here.
Bad news! The volunteer that was going to look after the community garage sale is no longer available, so we won’t be able to have that central location where community members can drop off their items unless we find another volunteer.
If you know of anyone that would be able to volunteer on Saturday, please email us. Otherwise, there will be no drop off.
Even if there is no centralized community sale at the Kingsmere park field house, everyone is still encouraged to hold garage sales at their homes this weekend.