A History of Glabar Park
The GPCA would like to solicit historical information on the community to add to our web site.
This could include pictures, newspaper articles, etc
- What year was Glabar Park developed?
- How did a specific Street get its name?
- What were the first house on a street and how much did they cost?
- When were the 3 Parks constituted and how did they get their names?
- A list of prominent residents?
Please forward information to Michael Heenan, GPCA Secretary
832 Riddell Ave
Glabar Park History
955 Blythdale Rd.
- The original owner was the Frisby family, of Frisby Tire.
- The next owner was the Disipio family, owners of “the Prescott” in Little Italy.
- Submitted by John Huntjens the yet to be famous 3rd owner.
The Mooney Family
- The Mooney family lived in the area at one time – Sid Mooney.
- This fact is noted by the plaque in the Lorrie Greenberg dog park.
- Submitted by John Huntjens
Updated June 8, 2011